Wednesday, July 12, 2017

#RebelliousWriting

Hey y'all!

So...the interruption in my series on how to say the Rosary in Latin was not entirely intentional. I had that Father's Day post planned beforehand, and I had hoped to get the series done within a week of Pentecost Sunday.

But then Our Lord threw a project in my path. And that project was the #RebelliousWriting movement.

What is the #RebelliousWriting movement you may ask?

Well, it's a movement for clean literature, which officially started in the last days of May. A group of us young bloggers got sick and tired of seeing swearing, impurity and abuse being glorified in Young Adult Literature. So a lot of us, Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant alike, took a stand, starting with a blogger named Gray Marie Cox (you can view her original post when you click the picture in my sidebar). I also made a post supporting this movement on my other blog, The Rebelling Muse.

God seemed to call me to go further though. A fiery zeal had started in my soul. Just saying that I supported it wasn't enough, I felt the need to help it grow.

At this point (mid-June), there had already been talk of potentially moving the movement to a website of it's own, of which I was ecstatic to hear about. I eagerly got in touch with Gray and the rest, as they say, is history.

Right now, I'm taking care of the team Pinterest, am on the writer's team, monitoring the team email, as well as *occasional* recruiting and other odd jobs. It sounds like a lot, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. I'm especially looking forward to the release of the #RebelliousWriting website, which will happen on August 9, 2017.

I would love to see this movement grow, especially among Catholic youth audiences. This movement would be a great catalyst to start a new culture of life among our youth. While it is only one part of the culture, even baby steps are better than nothing.

Old-fashionably yours,

Farm Lassie

1 comment:

  1. Great blog!

    I followed you on Google+ ! I would sincerely appreciate it if you checked out my book reviews blog at https://elsbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ and possibly give it a follow as well! Excited to read more of your posts!

    - El

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a little note :)